When the clock struck midnight on New Year’s Eve, we wiped the slate clean and welcomed a new decade! Each of us began looking forward optimistically to the possibilities of 2020. Of course, with New Year’s Eve comes New Year’s resolutions.
Many of us make New Year’s resolutions like eating healthier, exercising more or getting organized. These are great resolutions because they help improve our lives. But what if we collectively set a goal that not only improved our own well-being, but also improve the well-being of a child in need in our community? Together, we can end the needless suffering of thousands of children in Bellevue. We have the power to do it.
This year, let’s partner to achieve what is completely possible if we join forces – to support the 3,500 children that are living in poverty in our Bellevue community.
Here are some New Year’s resolutions that will make a positive impact for our neighbors in need:
- Make a Monthly Gift – For over 100 years, Bellevue LifeSpring has carried on a tradition of neighbors helping neighbors. While one-time donations are important to our goal of supporting every child in need, ongoing investments in our community can transform the lives of children and provide them year-round support with food, clothing, educational scholarships and emergency assistance. Determine a monthly amount you feel comfortable with and commit to giving today.
- Become a Circle Member – Bring a social aspect to your philanthropy and consider joining a Bellevue LifeSpring membership circle.
- Become a Legacy Donor – Legacy investments ensure the sustainability of Bellevue LifeSpring programs today AND tomorrow. Fifty percent of each legacy gift is used to fund current programs and fifty percent is invested in our endowment fund so Bellevue’s children continue to have the opportunity to achieve a brighter future.
- Volunteer with Bellevue LifeSpring or Thrift Culture – Studies show that volunteering makes you happier and provides you with a sense of purpose. This year, give the gift of your time! Every hour of volunteer time takes us one step closer to achieving our vision that every child is fed, every child has adequate school clothes, each student has equal access to educational opportunities and all children in our community live in a stable environment.
- Donate Your New or Gently Used Clothing and Household Décor to Thrift Culture –Thrift Culture, located on the 3rd floor of Bellevue Square, keeps its shelves stocked thanks to the generous donations from our Bellevue community. Proceeds from each Thrift Culture purchase go directly to support Bellevue LifeSpring programs.
Bellevue LifeSpring’s New Year’s Resolution
As we move into a brand new decade, Bellevue LifeSpring is entering a bold, new chapter. With the help of Bellevue community members, our ambition is to ensure the benefits of our programs reach ALL children living in poverty in Bellevue – so that students in need have the food, clothing, housing assistance and educational support they need to graduate at the same rate as their peers by 2025. With this gap closed there is the potential for 65 more students to graduate on time each year.
The Solution – Wraparound Services:
We invite our neighbors to join us in this legacy-making work to truly transform the lives of all children in need and the future of our community. As well as resolving to eat healthier and get fitter, resolve to use your position in the community to help others – especially children in need.