Our new Bellevue Family Hub opened on August 22 to help set students up for success in the new school year. The Hub is a resource center for families created in partnership with the Bellevue School District at Highland Middle School.
In the first two weeks of operation, the Hub made a BIG impact — supporting more than 297 families with 499 students.
Support by the Numbers:
- 515 students received new school clothes, so they feel confident and self-assured like their peers on the first day of school.
- 240 students received Old Navy gift cards
- 275 students received new back-to-school clothing from Amazon.
- 135 students received a Bellevue LifeSpring grocery store food voucher to prevent hunger and provide nourishment.
- 110 students received assistance with signing up for the free meal program at their school.
Bellevue children living at Mary’s Place shelter in Bellevue also received basic needs support and assistance with registering for school.
Thank you to the volunteers and Bellevue School District staff who helped make the Bellevue Family Hub’s first two weeks of operation a great success. Nearly 4,000 students from low-income households attend the Bellevue School District. Together we are ensuring all students have the support they need to succeed in the classroom.
The Hub is now open Tuesdays from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for students and families seeking basic needs support. See how you can get involved and become a Family Advocate Volunteer.