With the Thanksgiving holiday around the corner, Bellevue LifeSpring would like to express our gratitude to our community. Your investments in local children have accomplished so much during a year that had the potential to devastate low-income families.
We could not do this vital work without…
- the volunteers that donated and delivered food to the schools.
- our community members who stepped up and contributed when we had to cancel our annual luncheon.
- our circle members who raised funds and raised awareness in their communities.
- the students who made masks or collected coins to support their peers in need.
- the local companies who have invested big in preventing hunger and homelessness for Bellevue kids.
- the students and parents creating positivity cards and messages for the students we support.
- the individuals who are making a child’s holiday wishes come true through our Holiday Adopt-A-Family program.
- those who inspired others to give.
- those of you who asked us, how can we help?
To all of you, we say thank you. Through all the darkness this year, you have helped remind us of the power of our community.
Thanks to your generosity, families like Sondra and her daughter Laurie will be able to have a warm Thanksgiving dinner together in their apartment home. Sondra was exposed to COVID-19 and had to self-quarantine, to make the situation worse, her employer refused to help her get paid sick leave. When Sondra returned to work, her hours were reduced due to the effects of COVID-19 on the small company where she worked. Now in a financial deficit, Sondra suddenly found herself having to decide between paying her bills or buying food.
Your support helped cover a month of rent and provide grocery store food vouchers while Sondra worked to get back on her feet. These food vouchers are essential to her daughter Laurie, who attends middle school here in Bellevue. Laurie loves to learn and her favorite subjects are Spanish and science. It’s hard to focus when you’re hungry. Getting the nutrition Laurie needs is vital to her ability to learn remotely and excel in her schoolwork.
Both Sondra and Laurie love Thanksgiving. Every year they have a tradition where Sondra teaches Laurie how to make one of her favorite dishes. Knowing that she will be able to continue this tradition with her daughter means everything to Sondra.
This Thanksgiving and throughout the year, Bellevue LifeSpring is grateful to be able to provide nutrition, warmth, opportunity and stability for children in need, thanks to your collective generosity. On behalf of so many families in our community whose lives you have touched, thank you.
Learn more about our COVID-19 emergency assistance here. Happy Thanksgiving!