- Relevant to Bellevue’s evolving needs.
We are flexible and responsive to the changing needs in our community.
- Inclusive of all individuals, acknowledging their value and dignity.
We are committed to honoring all individuals and working in collaboration with community partners to increase our impact.
- Compassionate solutions are delivered with respect, empathy, and humility.
We are committed to delivering our services with genuine concern for the needs of others.
- Accountable to each other and those we serve.
We are transparent, fiscally responsible, and committed to teamwork and service.
We recognize the history of Bellevue, and we respect that we are occupying ancestral lands of the Coast Salish peoples. We honor their continuing history.
Our diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments:
- Create opportunities and remove barriers to ensure Bellevue LifeSpring programs are accessible, equitable, and inclusive of all Bellevue children and their families.
- Action Step 1: The Bellevue Family Hub, our new in-person family resource center, allows students and families to access multiple compassionate support services in one space. The Hub is open to all Bellevue families with children in the Bellevue School District.
- Action Step 2: Bellevue LifeSpring Listening Circles incorporate the voices of Bellevue families into organizational decision-making and service delivery.
- Action Step 3: Bilingual staff and the translation of key documents reduce language barriers to service.
- Provide ongoing development and learning opportunities that foster an understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially regarding Bellevue LifeSpring practices and principles.
- Action step #1: Bellevue LifeSpring’s DEI Committee is composed of both board and staff members who are actively engaged in analyzing, giving feedback, and making recommendations on Bellevue LifeSpring’s operations and organizational decisions from a DEI lens.
- Action step #2: Board and team members intentionally engage in annual Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training.
- Ensure Bellevue LifeSpring reflects the diverse population of Bellevue and the families we serve.
- Action step #1: Broaden the recruitment and nurture the retention of staff, board members, circle members, and volunteers.
- Engage our circle members, volunteers, and the Bellevue community in dialogue and reflection on diversity, equity, and inclusion topics.
- Action step #1: Bellevue LifeSpring’s Bellevue-centric quarterly speaker series, in partnership with local organizations, focuses on DEI themes.
- Action step #2: External DEI resources are shared in Bellevue LifeSpring’s weekly and monthly communications with our board, circle, and community members.
Soon you will be able to view our progress toward our goals on our new DEI Dashboard. Stay tuned!
We recognize that this is an ongoing process of learning and growth, and we commit to continuing the conversation and keeping our community informed every step of the way.
Racial Equity Statement
Bellevue LifeSpring acknowledges that racial injustices are embedded in aspects of our daily lives that too often go unaddressed. From our Board of Directors to team members, we pledge to hold ourselves accountable to dismantle any institutional and systemic racism, prejudice, and inequality within our Bellevue LifeSpring community and programs. We promise to uphold a culture that is inclusive and equitable for all. We consider it of utmost importance to be advocates, to be allies, and to stand in solidarity with the victims of racial, social, and economic injustice.