Thanks to the generosity of our community, all 293 families in our Holiday Adopt-A-Family program have been matched with sponsors!
Here are some ways you can still help kids in Bellevue this holiday season:
- Grocery store gift cards: We serve families throughout December who need additional help for the holidays. Sometimes their requests are as simple as the ingredients to make a holiday meal or basic needs that can’t be purchased with food stamps, like soap and diapers. Gift cards to grocery stores like Safeway, Fred Meyer or QFC allow us to provide these families with their basic needs and have a joyful holiday. Drop off gift cards to Bellevue LifeSpring’s office on the third floor or Bellevue Square or purchase them on our Amazon wish list.
- Amazon wish list: We continue to receive requests for holiday assistance from families who were not able to register in time for Holiday Adopt-A-Family. Our Amazon wish list allows you to purchase a gift and have it shipped directly to our office. Whether it’s a toy for a child, a gift card for a teen or a household item for the family to use, every purchase makes a real impact for a family struggling to get by. Shop the full list here.
- Adopt-A-Box: You can provide a week’s worth of food for a hungry child this winter break by adopting a Breaktime-Mealtime box.
- Community giving trees: Celebrate the season of giving by selecting a tag from one of our community giving trees at Bellevue Square, Crossroads Bellevue, or St. Thomas Church in Medina. Pelase return your unwrapped gift with the tag attached by December 15th.
- Volunteer: Our Holiday Adopt-A-Family distribution takes place on Tuesday, December 19th at First United Methodist Church in Bellevue. We have shifts throughout the day starting at 7:00 a.m. and going until 7:00 p.m. Sign up to help out here.
Bellevue LifeSpring’s Holiday Adopt-A-Family program allows caring individuals, families, businesses and community groups to personally make a difference for a struggling family during the holidays.
How does Holiday Adopt-A-Family work?
Each summer, Bellevue LifeSpring’s Programs and Services team conducts registration for families in the community who foresee needing help for Christmas. Each family is interviewed in person and qualified for services. They share a little bit of their story and create a wish list for each child in their family and one household gift.
In the fall, community sponsors are matched with families in need to provide gifts for Christmas and a grocery store gift card. The program culminates in a distribution day with an amazing team of over 150 volunteers. To volunteer for Holiday Adopt-A-Family, click here.
For families wishing to meet with the Programs and Services team to enroll in Holiday Adopt-A-Family, click here.
Listen to what some past sponsors have to say about the experience of being a Holiday Adopt-A-Family sponsor:
“Living on the Eastside for almost 20 years, it was a shock to realize there were so many families in need. I feel so blessed with all that we have and if I can spend a bit of time making a difference in another family’s life, it’s well worth it.” – Elaine P.
“Holiday Adopt-A-Family is something I look forward to every year. Shopping for a family that would otherwise go without, seeing the expressions on the faces of the families when they come to pick up their gifts – both make the season a special one each year.” – Joan V.
© 2017 Bellevue LifeSpring
A 4th Avenue Media Production